The current COVID 19 pandemic has upended the daily routines of most individuals, businesses, and organization in unprecedented ways. No one knows for sure exactly when—or even IF—things will return to any semblance of normalcy. That is why, as an executive coach, I decided to share a few tips that have helped me navigate these stressful and uncertain times. Hopefully, they will help you as well.
- When anxiety sets in, try to avoid “knee-jerk” reactions. Instead, lean into your discomfort and reflect on what’s causing it. Only then can you find healthy ways to manage the anxiety and move forward.
- Notice what you are paying attention to and compare that to what truly matters to you. Ask yourself are my behaviors aligned with what matters most to me?
- Focus on those things over which you have control, and let the rest go.
- In times of stress and uncertainty, let your values be your guide.
- Finally, try to keep your focus on the “impact” you want to have on the world and let that guide the actions you take each day.
Stay safe and well!